Do you realize it’s OCTOBER. OC-TO-BER. Where the heck did September go? I usually have one or two God-awful things happen in September, but this one flew past and I can’t even remember it. It reminds me of July 1996-Nov 1996. Woosh! Went by in a blur. Have no idea what I was doing in those months. But that time, it was due to the whirlwind life of a party girl. Yea. We’ll discuss that one some other time.
But anyway, it’s October and I plan to actually DO something this month. Things that excite ME. Things that I will remember once Nov 2007 rolls around. I made a list. (Yes another list. Shut up.)
- Knit (and complete) 3-4 Christmas gifts. (Yes, that excites me. Hush you.)
- Make sure my financial aid comes through before classes start in Jan. (Okay…this should really be on my to-do list, but it’s important, so I’m putting it on every damn list I make. Even the grocery list.)
- Take the kids to pick apples AND pumpkins. Also, a hayride is in order. (this will be a blast!)
- Decorate for Halloween. (Pumpkins, scarecrows and hay! Oh my!)
- Make yummy cookies!
- Lose 3 inches on my waist. (Yes, I realize I’m tiny, BUT my waist…oh man. I won’t tell you how many inches she is these days. =( And until hour glass goes out off style and “box-like” becomes sexy, I’m LOSING AT LEAST 3 INCHES DAMNIT!)
- Spend at least ONE Saturday with someone that doesn’t call me Mommy, and doesn’t ask me to wipe their butt. (That last parts optional.)
- Finish watching Season 1 of The Wire. (Again. A refresher is needed)
- Nookie. (Can I say nookie on the Internets? Make nookie? Get nookie? Have nookie? I dunno. This one is optional and likely one of those urban legend things.)
I will report back in a week to let you know if I’ve completed anything.