I think I’ve finally figured out my 9th grader’s homeschool curriculum for 2012-2013. Once I start the actual schedule planning, some of this may change. Hopefully I’ll have everything finalized by August. If you’re a homeschooler, you’ll understand what I mean about having a curriculum plan and then tossing it all out of the window, only to start over.
I’ll post the younger kids once I get that all figured out.
9th Grade 2012-2013
English I – 1 credit:
- Easy Grammar Ultimate – Grade 9
- The Elegant Essay
- Windows to the World – An Introduction to Literary Analysis
- Vocabulary From Classical Roots
- Friday Blogs (blogging on topic once per week)
Algebra 1 – 1 credit:
Physical Science – 1 credit:
- Apologia Exploring Creation w/Physical Science
- Apologia Exploring Creation w/Physical Science Lab Kit
World History – 1 credit:
- Notgrass Exploring World History
- Netflix Movies
- Book of Centuries – This is a timeline book to keep track of everything we’re learning.
Japanese I – 1 credit:
Art History & Appreciation – .5 credit:
- Harmony Fine Arts at Home
- The Annotated Mona Lisa
- Story of Painting
- The Story of Painting DVDs
- Artistic Pursuits Senior High Book One
If you are homeschooling a high schooler this upcoming school year, what are you using?