Ray got custody of his daughter today. His ex-girlfriend gave up custody easily. And she should have. Ray has been raising her since she was a baby, and she lived with us from the time she was 4 until this past summer (age 10). Ray had a difficult time getting her into school this year because he didn’t have legal custody, so he let her live with her mother. It’s odd that men need papers that show custody, but all a woman needs is her word.
Anyway, his plan is to take her from the school she’s in….NOW. Just 2 weeks ago, I was talking to Ray about possibly getting a job. He didn’t think it was such a great idea, because I would have to put Shanon into school. He said it was too late in the year for her to go to a new school. So I decided that if I do return to work, I will continue to homeschool Shanon in the evening, since it only takes about an hour and a half. Now, is this a little ass backwards or what? Why is it okay for him to take his daughter from school and plop her down into a new school? I don’t think that would be too fair for her. Who wants to start a new school at the end of the year? Doh well. I’ve learned to just pretty much keep quiet on those matters. I let him raise her anyway he feels (although sometimes I give an opinion) because he wants it that way. Sometimes he wants and needs my advice and then other times he just wants to do what he wants to do, and who am I to say differently. One thing about that man…he is stubborn. Very stubborn.
On the other hand, he does have some authentic concerns. His daughter is staying with her mother, 3 sisters, uncle and grandmother and grandfather. Her mother is rarely there and her grandparents really aren’t caring for her like they should. She’s basically taking care of herself. *shrug* Maybe I’m glad it’s not my decision to make. Matter of fact, sometimes I hate making decisions.
For instance, I got a call from the HR department at the job that I interviewed for 2 weeks ago. They made me an offer, but it’s $7000 less than what I discussed with my potential employer. On the other hand, it’s $5000 more than what I was making in my previous position. So here I am, stuck. I’ve flipped coins, made lists of pros and cons…I’m really lost on this one. I told them I’d give them a call back by Friday, but I’m not so sure I can decide by then. I’m waiting for some sign from the Heavens above. I dunno. I need a life guidance counselor. *lol* Someone that I can call up when I’m stuck and say, what the heck should I do? Someone who was always calm. Someone who could see the situation from every angle. Someone who’s answers would always be the right one. Someone the exact opposite of me.